Successful customer experience is the cornerstone of a successful business, but how do you actually do it? Customer experience can be one of those hard to define concepts but there are a few simple strategies you can use to create a more customer friendly organisation and enjoy the benefits that a successful customer experience strategy can bring you.
Here are five steps we would recommend to anyone who wants to start and implement a successful customer experience strategy.
- Create a strong foundation. Sometimes you need to go back to the beginning if you’re going to grow effectively. This means focusing on creating a strong, scalable architecture for your business. Go back to basics and look at your business processes, technology and social media platforms and think about how you can create a strong basic structure that will let you adapt and grow in the future.
- Take time to understand your customers. It might take some time and effort to establish meaningful relationships with your customers but it’s well worth it in the end. By taking some time to get to know your customers you can develop a mutually beneficial relationship that is based on trust. This means seeing your customers as more than a means to an end, but getting to know what really makes them tick. This is a long-term approach that can make a huge difference to your business bottom line and the quality of your customer relationships.
- Get everyone on the same page. Providing a great customer experience is not just the job of your sales or customer service staff. To create a truly customer centred organisation you’re going to need the support of everyone in your organisation. Encourage all your employees to rally around the customer and make them the main focus and you’ll be well on your way to providing a great customer experience.
- Listen. To really understand what your customers value and how your organisation is tracking at meeting their needs you will need to listen to them. This means using data to gain an insight into your customers’ needs and priorities. You can also spend some time talking to them, measuring how they react to your social media pages and anything else that will let you really listen to them instead of making assumptions about what they want.
- Measure your results. A successful customer experience strategy will have a measurable impact on your business. If you don’t measure the results you’ll have no way to tell if your strategy is actually working. Make evaluation and measurement a regular part of your customer experience strategy.
Implementing a successful customer experience strategy doesn’t have to be complicated but it will require some work on your part. Hopefully these five pointers can get you started in the right direction.